Kaos Bola

Friday, December 17, 2010

Choosing a Domain Name for AdSense Sites

In this Google AdSense Tutorial, we are going to discuss the importance of choosing a good domain name for our AdSense sites. There are two different opinions or beliefs about choosing the right domain name for your niche site. The first school of thought says that the right way to choose a domain name is to include your targeted keywords in it. The second one says, it is preferable to use a brand name which is more versatile in case you want to target another set of keywords you would want to rank for. Both of them are supported by experience so by the end of this article, it will depend on your judgment on how you will choose the domain name for your niche or AdSense sites.

I prefer choosing a domain name that includes my targeted keywords. Well based on my experience, I am more successful in ranking my niche websites with my keywords in it, although I will not deny the fact that some websites I have ranked highly are using brand domain names. But currently, as much as possible I always use a domain name that have my keywords or at least contains two or three of my keywords. Looking for the right domain name nowadays are difficult and almost all good domain names have been taken. But if you will be creative enough with word combinations, you will find the domain name that you want.

Aside from easily ranking them, people searching the Internet will usually click the websites or domain names that have the keywords in them on the search results. For me that is true, although this is not all conclusive and I have never made any thorough research or experiments to prove them. But based on my experience and from what I have learned from AdSense Gurus, it sometimes apply, and when it does, that precious click might come from one of them.

On the other hand, some suggest or prefer using a brand domain name. The advantage of this is of course is versatility. You could target different sets of keywords in using one single domain name or you could brand it and build an authority site. Choosing a brandable domain name that suits you is also easy to find. You could use your name, combine certain syllables, etc. Some also say that, although proven, brandable domain names sells better in the market. Well, we won’t be discussing that as we are here to choose a good domain name for our niche AdSense site.

So it is your choice if you would choose a keyword domain name or a brandable domain name, but again I suggest looking for domain names that will contain your targeted keywords based on the number of reasons stated above and it is highly recommended if you are building niche sites. Always go for .com extension, .net or .org, avoid registering .info extensions. Again there is no concrete proof but Google de-indexed many useless .info sites before because they are cheap and easily disposed. Many spammers are taking advantage of their cheap price.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...